- Laboratory Services
MAB is committed to providing exceptional patient care of the highest quality, administered by the best medical and technical professionals in Brevard County. In order to better serve our patients, we offer a complete line of diagnostic services including Clinical Laboratory, CT scans, Dexa Scan, X-Ray and Ultrasound. The diagnostic services department has a main location, referred to as the MAB Laboratory on Eau Gallie Blvd in Melbourne with full services and three satellite locations of limited services. We are licensed by the State of Florida, accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR), and the national healthcare accreditation organization, the Commission on Office Laboratory Accreditation (COLA).
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Do I need and appointment? No, the laboratory draws are all walk in basis.
- What preparation is needed? Your laboratory order should indicate if the testing needs to be fasting. Fasting means nothing to eat or drink except water for eight to ten hours prior to the collection. You are encouraged to drink water to stay hydrated for the blood collection.
- Can I take my medication? Yes, with a little bit of water unless directed by your physician not to.
- When will my physician get my results? Routine results are sent to your physician within 3-4 days. STAT requests are processed the same day.
- Can I get a copy of my results? You are encouraged to speak with your ordering physician who will be able to discuss your results and provide a copy as soon as the physician has reviewed them. The laboratory will release results to you directly 14 days after the date of service but cannot discuss anything within the report.
Locations and Hours
Laboratory Draw Services
Main Laboratory – Melbourne
2290 W. Eau Gallie Blvd, Suite 108
CT, Ultrasound, X-Ray
DEXA, Lab Draw Services
M-Thurs 7:30am – 5:00pm
Friday 7:30 am – 3:00pm